Table of Contents
Whether you’re searching for the best ways to increase your home value or simply want to make some thoughtful upgrades to your space, starting the home improvement process can be equal parts exciting and overwhelming. If you’ve watched even one episode of the countless home design reality shows out there, you already know that expecting the unexpected is a must.
But that doesn’t mean that you should put off those home projects indefinitely – you just need to be prepared with a few tips to help you along the way. With the help of some knowledgeable home improvement experts, The Brixos Team, we’ve put together a short and sweet list of pointers for making your next home project a success.
1. Have a plan before you get started.
You certainly don’t need to have detailed blueprints or designs in hand, but you should have at least a few basic details ironed out before starting your project. Ideally, you’ll have some project parameters established before you meet with potential contractors, like Brixos, such as:
- Budget: How much are you prepared to spend on completing the project? Keep in mind that it’s not uncommon for a few surprise costs to add to your total, especially when you’re working on a significant remodeling or addition. Instead of setting your budget at the absolute maximum you can spend, give yourself some wiggle room. The Project Managers at Brixos dedicate much of their time to the proposal process to ensure you don’t run into unexpected costs along the way.
- Project goal: What is the purpose of your project? Are you hoping to add on extra square footage for a guest suite, redesign your kitchen, or maybe upgrade the primary bathroom? It may sound overly obvious to clarify the project goal, but plenty of homeowners begin with only a rough idea of what they’d like to accomplish. If you have any must-have items (for example, space for an extra-large luxury bathtub), note those as well.
- Timeline: Depending on your situation, you might need the work quickly. Or, perhaps you can be flexible. Either way, this is a critical detail that will be important to the planning process.
2. Save money, time, and stress by finding a full-service design and construction team.
From figuring out how to find the right contractor to selecting materials, every last detail counts. It might seem tempting to try to cut costs by DIYing as much as possible, but that could be a costly choice in the end.
But what if you could have a trusted partner to guide you every step of the way? Imagine having a professional team that has the experience to help you make every decision (big and small), navigate planning, and manage the project from beginning to end – all with your vision, budget, and timeline in mind.
That’s exactly what the innovative team at Brixos is offering with their comprehensive service that combines on-the-ground project management, design, material selection, construction, and more. Since its launch, Brixos has aimed to transform the way Texas homeowners experience home improvement and remodeling. When it came to home projects, the owner realized that there had to be a better way, and Brixos was born.
Instead of spending the next several weeks or months juggling various contractors, mile-long to-do lists, and important decisions that need to be made, let Brixos take care of it all. Their team will see the project through from start to finish, keeping you in the driver’s seat but freeing you from all the project tasks. You provide your vision, and Brixos will make your dream design a reality, no matter how big or small your project may be.
3. Don’t get caught up in short-term gains; instead, focus on the long-term.
No matter how large your budget may be, it’s easy to find yourself obsessing over saving $100 there, $250 there. As a result, many homeowners try to search for shortcuts that will let them reduce their costs, even if their savings aren’t that significant.
And while being cost-conscious isn’t a bad thing, forgetting to look at the big picture can be. Sure, opting for that less expensive tile might save you $1000 on your kitchen renovation. But are you truly going to love it 5, 10, or 15 years from now? And furthermore, will the quality measure up? In some cases, investing in the more expensive option can be the right decision for both your happiness and your savings account.
Make Home Improvement a Breeze with Help from Brixos
Now that you have a toolkit of tips for home improvement, you’re ready to get started.
Make sure you set yourself up for project success by connecting with Brixos, your experts in remodels, home additions, and every type of home improvement project you can imagine. Based in Texas, the team currently serves homeowners in Houston, Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio and is getting ready to debut nationwide services soon. Brixos is making waves in the Houston home improvement industry by honing in on quality, transparency, and excellence.
Best of all, all it takes is a few clicks to get your project rolling. Brixos’ custom software and database put all the details within easy reach, while their full-time, on-the-ground management team keeps every last detail in check.
When you partner with Brixos, your next home project is in capable hands. Submit your project via their online app at app.brixos.com, give them a call or a text at 713-331-1064, or send them an email at [email protected]. Their team loves hearing about the ideas homeowners have and planning how to get started!
Paid advertisement. Houston Press does not sell, evaluate, or endorse products or services advertised.